Creating neuro-therapeutic medical experiences is a team effort and you thrive when working with others refining a core vision, building on abstract ideas, and finally focusing on concrete deliverables. You have a desire to take your skillset in art, animation, visual effects, and gaming and apply it to the cutting edge of clinical care and medical innovation.
We are looking for a capable, technically minded and creative artist to help build emotionally powerful effects, animations, environments, and more for neuro-therapeutic games and rehabilitation experiences that help people recover motor and cognitive function after brain injury. We value candidates with wide and varied interests and hobbies.
Translate concept art into an in-game look and feel, working with both the artists and programmers to create a result that captures the spirit and identity of our work.
Create and tune special effects based on physics and mathematical data
Work with graphics engineer to develop, tweak, and tune GPU shading to create desired real-time visuals in engine, based on concept art.
Work with tools engineer to guide development for tools and provide artistic oversight.
Work with tools engineer to integrate art pipeline with external tools (e.g. Photoshop, 3DS Max, Maya) with engine and tools, potentially using e.g. MaxScript.
- Significant experience (3+ years) as a professional artist in video games, film, or similar media
- Familiarity with standard game development artistic tools such as Photoshop, 3D Studio Max, Maya, ZBrush, etc.
- Visual effects development skills, such as authoring particles, animations, lighting, etc
- Knowledge of modern production techniques for 3D art assets
- Strong creative ability, with the ability to explore, create, and expand visual designs both based on and independent from concept artwork
- 2D animation and video editing skills (After Effects, Premiere) is a plus
- Familiarity with GPU shader authoring (e.g. HLSL) is a plus
- Familiarity with tool scripting (e.g. MaxScript) is a plus
Bachelor's Degree or Bachelor's in Fine Arts or equivalent experience
To apply please email your cover letter, CV and portfolio to - firstname.lastname@example.org